Sunday 22 October 2023

7 || You are who I love

I came over to this poem while listening to The Slow Down show on Spotify.
Back in 2021.

It was like being reminded of a person who loved me, dearly.
You are who I love, you are who.

It was a poem by Aracelis Grimay.
When I first listened to it, I cried.
For fifteen minutes.
Lying flat, on the ground, on my yoga mat.

When I noticed the name of the poet, I was stunned.
Aracelis. Arelis.
It brings me back to that year when Barbie and the 12 Princesses were launched when I devised a story with 12 sisters.

Arelis
Begine
Catnip
D...
E...
F...
G...
H...
I...
J...
K...
L...

I could not recall the rest, but I clearly knew that I needed to think of the name of the first daughter carefully for I have a preference for having an English name starting with an 'A'.

Before I knew that there was a name called 'Aracelis', I was playing with the Aries and Ariel, as one is my horoscope while the other one has beautiful red hair.

I love the red colour.
Why not 'Arelis'? This name just came out of nowhere.

And after so many months, after the poem was deleted from the podcast so they could upload more new poems daily when I found out that the name of the poet is Aracelis, everything worked out.

I wanted to meet her one day, I told myself.
I just have the feeling and I don't know why.
But I know I will meet her, one day.

It feels like a key to a door was found, but I don't know which door yet.

Eventually, we will find out why.

:)


The silhouette will show when the sun rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment