Friday 6 May 2022

02 || I want to pick up reading again

I planned and planned
I thought about it over and over again
I am going to pick up my reading habits again

Somewhere near January
Or maybe not, maybe March
Or maybe now?

I am going to pick up this habit again
For the sake of my good dreams each night
For feeling grateful that I get to immerse myself in the stories each night

The power of words
The power of imagination
The ability to read

It really can bring you anywhere
As long as you can put them into words

The Oracle of Stamboul always gave me a very special feeling (like I am really travelling to that place) each night when I read it. I finally realised that I do love fiction novels!

During the casual talking session today, I was asked if I am reading any books.
I said no, I watch drama series and movies most of the time.
I only read books when I feel like I want to.
Maybe that was not a very good explanation but I do think and agree that watching dramas and movies does encourage thinking like reading.
It depends on how you look at it.

Whether it is a half-full
Or is it half empty?

It depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment