Wednesday 25 May 2022

08 || I have gotten used to waiting for you to come home.

I have gotten used to waiting for you to come home.
It was a very peaceful moment.
After dinner, after all of the night's chores.
Just me sitting in front of the laptop, with a bottle of hot water.
Waiting for you.

I have gotten used to waiting for you to come home.
It is like a close chapter for all books.
To see you come home is like the last chapter of my day.
Before I say good night to the day.
Before I bid goodbye to the day.

I have gotten used to waiting for you to come home.
I fell in love with the kitchen light.
Which I switched on just to accompany me to wait for you.
No TV, no radio.
Just the light, the night and the silence.

And waiting for you.

When the cold night wind blows, I think of giving you a warm hug when you walk in.
When I feel that I am a little bit hungry, I think of handing you a bowl of hot miso soup when you walk in.
When I feel a little bit sleepy, I think of drying your hair for you when you are having your hot dinner.

When I miss you, I will just start to have all these imaginations playing on in my mind.
Think about our future together.
And all thanks to you.
It feels good.
It feels very good.

Thank you and love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment